Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Drinkin' in the Dam

I am in Amsterdam today, doing a client workshop and attending some meetings.

I initially checked into the hotel at about 9pm last night, thinking I should stay in and have a quiet one. Eventually the lure of dinner and drinks with the client and members of my team overpowered me and I subsequently headed out for a bite.

Good thing was that we didn't dwell on the work thing too much - always a temptation in this predicament. We ended up hunting down some late night bars and I managed to stay out well past my bedtime. I don't remember getting back to the hotel, but apparently it was about 4am. Apparently.

And as I prepare for the afternoon workshop, my head is pounding and I am breaking out into sweats. As long as I can keep the dialogue flowing and I make at least a tiny scrap of sense I'll be right.

Rock and Roll